Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 30, 2009

What is social justice?


What does the term social justice even mean? When you look it up in the dictionary it means the distribution of advantages and disadvantages with a society. As the article applies it to a classroom I began to think of advantages and disadvantages in a classroom and with the school society. I was thinking to myself and said there shouldn’t be any disadvantages in a classroom but unfortunately nothing is perfect and there are disadvantages. When teaching in the classroom you have limited freedom and can not truly express how you feel or think, you must follow a curriculum and make it your own. To be a teacher you must be confident in front of the class and confident in what you teach even before you can move on to big issues. In the article Khol gives us tips on how to be a good teacher and how to deal with social justice. To be honest I was confused a little while reading this article and didn’t exactly know what social justice was. But what I got out of the article was that teachers should try and be campaigners in a way for the students and the community in which needs improvement in most school districts. My favorite part of the article is where Khol states to have some fun in your life and to learn new things and I began to think he is right we shouldn’t get all wrapped up in our profession. I believe that this article gave many of us some kind of insight of how to teach our own classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whats your favorite T.V. series

Moon Phases

CURRENT MOON