
Bullying is becoming more outrageous in elementary schools now days. When I was in elementary school it didn’t begin until like 3-4 grade but now it is happening even in kindergarten. I was talking to my mom about this assignment and she gave me the idea to do bullying as she is a second grade teacher and she sees this everyday. She began to tell me that teachers can tell the students to stop but who says they listen when outside the classroom? My mom thinks something needs to be done and I do too. I remember when I was in like third grade and we had this thing classed “zero tolerance” which meant they wouldn’t put up with the bullying. Now that is not in affect and it is hurting many kids who are bullied. I believe that the kids who bully are the ones that are most likely to drop out of school or end up killing someone because they seem to like violence and no one has stopped them. Even if they do not directly kill the person there are have been many cases where a student comes to school with a gun and their reason is always because people made fun of me. I believe that there needs to be a program for these young children to teach them what they are doing to the ones they bully because in the end someone is getting hurt either physical or emotionally. I think that the schools need to look into this and start the zero tolerance programs again. These bullies need someone to help them and the school needs to find that person to help.
Here is a website where it shows an example of how a type of bullying is becoming out of control


No comments:
Post a Comment